It’s been over a month since my last post. I hadn’t realized how long I’d been away until Mom said Nana asked if I was okay because I hadn’t been posting on my blog here. Well, good news is that I am WONDERFUL.
Bad news is I can’t catch you up on everything that’s been happening this past month like I’d want to. But I can make a fun summary of the highlights.
1. I’ve been in Chapel Hill working at Fosters Market — enjoying the company and the work. Is that weird for a someone to say that they enjoy work? Well, I am in fact that person. And I’m very thankful for my job. I’m going to keep working there 1-2 days a week for the Fall. Below is an eggroll breakfast special we had recently. YUMMMM.
2. I’ve been babysitting Chelsea and Felix 3 days a a week — and they showed me around Durham’s Life and Sciences Museum. Wow! It was so much fun! There was an entire butterfly garden.
3. My dear college friend Jordan Sutton got married to her long-time friend (and more recent fiance!) AJ Farthing.
4. I moved into Glen Lennox with my new housemates, Claire and Susan. They’re the two on the left of this photo below — and they’re wonderful designers, organizers and thoughtful people (Susan just turned 22! Happy Day, friend!).
5. Bryan moved back to Chapel Hill from DC — and into Glen Lennox like me. He’ll be here for the next THREE YEARS for Law School! I’m adjusting to our new see-each-other-much-more-often routine. Not that it’s a hard adjustment. Just so different after two years of long-distance.
6. Bryan’s friend Philip got married to his longtime girlfriend Leigh Anna last week — loved their outdoor wedding! Also, I do realize I’m a dress repeater. I need to work on this.
7. I flew up to Boston with Bryan for our “summer adventure” — a graduation, birthday, anniversary present. Not bad, eh? Guess this is what the working world does with their extra money. I’ll post some more photos and anecdotes from that trip soon! For now, here’s one pic I took of Fenway Park:
8. Kelsey Rice (my former housemate) and Jon Hymel got hitched yesterday!
9. Now I’m back home for a few days, watching the Olympics, baking delicious chocolate chip cookies and writing blogposts.
Here’s a blogpost I wrote about Olympians: http://shanspainreads.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/olympic-friends/
And, the Smitten Kitchen cookies I’m in a hate/LOVE relationship with. It’s an addiction thing: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/01/in-which-world-peace-eludes-me/
Love (I’ll be back soon with more updates),