1. Walk through the National Portrait Gallery. 2. Run a 5k/10k (Lawyers Have Heart). 4. Create a meal from (mostly/only) Eastern Market goods.
Jon & Kristy, Kelsey & Alex, Christina & Brian, Cara & Sean, Matt & Ashley. 6. Catch a movie with beer at the Arlington Cinema and Draft House. 7. Run the National Mall out-and-back (4 miles).
8. Bike the Mount Vernon Trail.
9. Go to the Holocaust Museum. 10. Attend a Nationals game. 11. Hipster-watch at Union Market. 12. Walk through the National Mall at night and take pictures with all the monuments. 13. Visit the Shenandoah mountains – and a Virginia winery.
15. Take a night out to Birch & Barley.
16. Get some work done at Del Ray Coffee Bar (by M.E. Swing roasters). 17. Visit a neighborhood we’ve never seen before (Woodley Park, Glover Park, Palisades). 18. Get a reader identification card. Then, read something – anything – in the Library of Congress reading room. 19. Visit the US Botanical Garden. 21. Take an evening out to visit Alexandria. 22. Host a weekend visitor (Alli x’s 2) 23. Watch the July 4 Fireworks. 24. Grill out on our rooftop deck.